Friday, May 2, 2008

Law and Order (Sort of) Takes on Scientology

This new episode that aired last night supposedly portrays a fictional cult called "Systemotics" that is basically Scientology with a name change. I haven't had a chance to watch the episode yet (and I'm trying to refrain from linking to blatantly pirated torrents on this blog, I trust you guys to find that crap yourselves) but I guess the cult got portrayed as vaguely creepy and toeing the line between weirdness and actual law-breaking harassment. And the critics got portrayed as paranoid tinfoil-hatters. So, based on enturb's analysis, neither side is going to be particularly pleased about their portrayal, but at least someone mainstream is taking them on.

Also, apparently it aired on Davey Miscavige's birthday. Win.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

to the april post- whats the word on walking, times, and meeting place

Miss Anonymous said...

We typically just meet at the protest location across from the Scientology store, at 1906 E. Carson Street. The protests begin at 11 am, how long they last varies depending upon the weather and such.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea, but I think I'll have to cut my time short, so if we do do that, then I want to go one the first one. I'll be wearing a blue swimming cap under my hat this time.